Here are some hints for a successful Skyping session:
Please have copies of my books available in your classroom or library. I’d suggest these books:
- I STINK! series for kindergarten
- PEARL & WAGNER and FLUFFY for beginning readers
- DRAGON SLAYERS’ ACADEMY and SCHOOL! for chapter book readers
- MYTH-O-MANIA for middle graders.
Skyping is most meaningful to your students if they have read at least one of my books.
- Encourage students to ask questions about characters or how I came up with the idea.
- I’m always happy to hear a child’s own observations about a story they’ve read.
- Some teachers have kids work in groups to ask their questions so that everyone will get a turn.